Sunday 18 November 2012

Politics not SRK’s cup of tea


Armed with his trademark dimpled smile and looking dapper in a black tuxedo, Shah Rukh Khan looked all set to face the media along with his current leading lady, Katrina Kaif.
SRK addressed a wide array of issues, from leadership qualities, his association with sports to his disinterest in taking an active role in politics. Katrina remained her reserved self.
Talking about the qualities of a leader at the HT Leadership Summit, he said “I have met many management honchos and political leaders and most of them are the simplest and coolest people. You can’t be a leader by force, you have to deserve it. A good leader takes people along with him. I don’t think I am a leader in any which way. People around me have bolstered me to assume some significant role.”
On being asked whether he would like to associate himself with a political cause or play an active role in politics, SRK said, “I can never be a part of politics. I don’t think that is a part of my job profile and I am very apolitical. This does not mean I don’t want to vote or see improvement in infrastructure, education and economy. I just feel for the nation like any common citizen. My job is to entertain. I like doing that.”
Another thing that does not figure in his list is taking up Hollywood offers. He smiles and says, “I have never really received the best of offers. Besides, I can’t do very good action, dance or look cool. I am not fit for Hollywood.”
Being a sports enthusiast, he is keen to catch up the ongoing Test series between India and England, especially the one that will be held in Kolkata in December.
Although SRK has played a diverse range of characters, somehow he hasn’t really played a Delhiite till date. Being a Delhiite, wouldn’t he like to play one? “I would love to play one. Especially a Haryanvi. I like the language. I hope I am offered a role soon,” he smiles.
He has often been spotted in the city. What does he like to do when he is around? “I like to offer prayers at my parents’ grave. Usually late at night. And I end up eating and sleeping at my in-law’s place,” he says.
SRK also fielded numerous questions about marketing his films, roles that were closer to his heart and his current film, Jab Tak Hai Jaan.
Known for his brilliant energy, it might be quite intimidating for his co-stars to match steps with him. To this, Katrina revealed, “Well, for the Ishq Shava song (in JTHJ), a complete dance number, I took more than two days to rehearse and get the act correct, while SRK took less than two hours! So yeah, it was scary. But we did manage to do it well at the end, I believe.”
Finally, when Katrina was asked why she chooses to remain quiet while her co-stars do most of the talking, she said, “If you are asking SRK how was it playing Devdas or G.One, how can I respond to that? I can only assume how it might have been. When you ask me a question regarding my career or films, I will definitely answer. Rest, why should I need to open my mouth?” Point well made!

2 comments:

  1. Ηеllo ϳust wаnted tο give
    you a quick heаds uр and let yοu knoω a few оf the pictureѕ aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but ӏ thinκ its a lіnking issue.
    I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.

    Look at my blog :: http://www.hazovzw.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My spousе and I stumbled оver heгe by a
    diffeгеnt webѕіte anԁ thοught I ѕhould
    cheсk things out. I like what Ӏ see ѕo now i am
    followіng you. Look forwaгd to gоing
    оvеr your wеb page гepeatеdlу.



    Havе a look at my wеb page: pluft.google-scraps.us

    ReplyDelete

If You Don't Have Any Account Among This Items , Select "Anonymous" for Posting Comment. Thank You.